Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wicked Night

I was dead even before the day began. On Friday night I stayed up past 1 watching opening ceremony then having to wake up and get to Jap school by 9. I should've taken an afternoon nap but instead stayed up writing the blog entry before this.


We left early so that we could eat dinner and we went to this lovely place down Liverpool St called Little Malaysia. That's us (below) eating chilli prawns, curry with rotti and beef and broccoli. Caus we didnt make a booking we were at the table right next to the door which meant everytime someone came in the cold would enter but the food was fantastic.




and here we are in front of the Regent about to go inside. Yes it was cold.



Wow, the musical was extravagant. The stage was lavish with this beautiful set that just encircled it entirely. I was slightly dissapointed when they announced that it wouldn't be Amanda Harrison and Lucy Durack performing but their standbys Jemma Stevenson and some blonde chick. However, they weren't bad though Jemma's voice I thought was just not strong enough as Elphaba and during "For Good" Glinda's voice was much more powerful. Maybe she was a bit sick as well. Below is the showstopper song, Defying Gravity.
and my favourite piece "What is This Feeling?" perfromed by the original Broadway cast.
Overall it was an awesome show but fell short of my expectations, probably because I had watched too many videos and listened to the songs too much, prior to actually seeing it.
Then today I was supposed to go to RMIT Open day with Reuben but last minute he realised that he hadn't finished something like 4 assignments. It ended up alright because Jenny was going as well but last minute her friend has also bailed on her so we went together and Charles came as well. It was tiring, not overly interesting... but we bumped into tonnes of people from church and school.
And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go study methods.

No comments: