Sunday, August 31, 2008

the truth shall set you free.

What happened yesterday? I was thinking of going to the Fungus "Crazy Sex Rally". I was also invited to watch a few mates practice their break-dancing (I'm not into that stuff though I reckon if you can do it you're hardcore.) And I didn't really feel like going to any of these. I was still contemplating this when i signed onto msn and Josh popped up. "Wanna come to my church for trivia night?" Perfect! I felt like trivia... and meeting new people.



Let's start off by explaining: why I didn't want to go to Fungus. First of all, I was deterred by the name "Crazy Sex Rally". That's a disgusting and horribly suggestive name to be using when naming an event that is supposed to glorify and honour God. The design for the cards was equally as offensive as it was made to look like the entrance sign outside a stripclub. Glamorous and dazzling when in truth, there is nothing glamorous and dazzling about pre-marital sex. OK, so that's not the real reason.



I didn't go to break-dancing because I thought I could make it after trivia-night but I ended up feeling too tired. Yeah but trivia night was fun. Met new people. I felt like in this small Chinese community church, my connections were spreading like the branches of a tree.



On Friday night we watched this awesome video sermon by Louie Giglio from Chris Tomlin's "How Great Is Our God" tour. It was about science in short, but this science was fascinating. It was emotional as well and apparently a few people cried. Hehe, another video. It's part one of the sermon. Look the rest up on www.Godtube.com.



No comments: