Friday, August 8, 2008

My WEEK



Sometimes, the sun just shines and you can't help but smile. The rays touch your face, your cheeks warm and you sigh, a big sigh, a bigger sigh, and then a sigh of content. Fresh.



I've had a lazy week. Monday I went with TAFE group to NGV to look at the Art Deco exhibit. There was one part where I couldn't get the song out of my head. "One Short Day" from Wicked the musical as I looked as this huge exhibit of an entrance to a hotel from the 50s. It was so bright and dazzling I had a sudden urge to do a Broadway dance up the steps to the rotating doors except that the entire thing was roped off. And they did a presentation for the school groups whcih lasted for God knows how long. I fell asleep and was only woken up by the drool hanging from my mouth.

Tuesday there was no school. We went to School of Creative Arts at Melb. Uni to watch a performance of Macbeth. The only words that could be use to describe how I felt: Bored To Death. But went out afterwards with mates to watch Batman... again. Batman is a boring movie, don't watch it.

Then yesterday growth group was at Caleb's house. He has a pool table and his room is so retro, hip. All along his walls he has pictures cut from back-copies of NG and in his wardrobe he has a stack of ancient Archie comics. Arrived home just in time to see elimination on sytycd. On a side note, America finished the 4th season today and the winner was ????? (mouse-over and look at bottom bar to find-out). Can't believe it! ???? was my favourite to win!!!!! And then opening ceremony came on. I kept on watching, waiting... for Australia to come out. Pffft, as if put them as 3rd last team. Their flag finally came marching out around 1o'clock and as soon as they had come off the screen I went to bed.

TONIGHT: WICKED NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





So I'm heading off to regent theatre soon and will be watching the biggest Broadway musical I have ever seen.

Musicals I've watched:
- Sound of Music
- Oliver!
- Beauty and The Beast
- Mamma mia!
- Les Miserables (Melbourne High/ Macrob production)
- Priscilla: Queen of the Desert
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand NOW WICKED!
Who's in it, Amanda Harrison as Elphaba (aka Wicked Witch of the West), Lucy Durack as Glinda (aka The Good Witch), Rob Mills as Fiyero (later known as the scarecrow), Anthony Callea as Boq (the munchkinlander who later becomes known as the tin-man), Maggie Kirkpatrick as Madame Morrible and Rob Guest as the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

No comments: