Thursday, April 10, 2008

How could I forget

Misty Grass
by carlylecastle

How could I forget? Last night I had a dream that I was back in Japan for a honeymoon trip. We had joined a tour group and we were running around on a misty green hill, far from civilisation. It was all very serene and you could feel the peace.
In the distance I hear some cheers so I ventured through the fog and in the distance I saw a soccer game between two high schools. "Hang on a second," I thought to myself, "is that Kentaro?" (one of my classmates). I walk further and realise that it is indeed Shiroishi High versing some other school. I'm now close enough for them to see me as well and I wave. No one seems to have noticed me so disheartened, I make my way back up along the hill to my tour group. I sit down by myself when three guys with super long hair approach me.

"Oi, Tim." One of them says and I can't believe my eyes, it's Takatoshi with super long hair!

I smile and laugh, "Is that the new style in Japan now huh?" as I greet the other two guys Taishi and Junki (who has grown tall).


Bizzare dream -.-


But I woke up just after this realising that I had not thought of these guys for ages. It was scary, to think that these people, who I spent a year with were fading from my memory. I guess you could say like sand through unsteady fingers. On the other hand I realise that I don't really miss them either, is this normal for an exchange student?


And don't forget that The Age Careers Expo is on tomorrow till Sunday at Caulfield Racecourse.




education.theage.com.au

No comments: