Saturday, April 12, 2008

Age Careers Expo

Magic Pencilbookfeaturing Hilary Duff


What a great exhibition! I got there at 11:30 and I thought it was going to be really empty because everyone would be at school but as soon as I walked through the gates I was overwhelmed with the number of kids in school uniform just walking around.

I went to the YFU stall and introduced myself to the people there whom I had never met before. There was Julian, a German guy working to promote YFU and two girls who were in Melbourne as exchange students. One from Brazil, the other from Belgium (sorry, forgot you guys' names), haha, you should've seen the school boys trying to pick up the Brazilian girl, it was really naeuseating.

Apart from that I really enjoyed it. I had never really known what I wanted to do after school and then I encoutered two really big passions I realised I had. International relations/ communication and design. There's an international college in Japan and they had a stall up on second level, um 'Renzeikan'?? can't remember and then Grenadi School of Design, this super selective school, or at least that's its image but it gives me some kind of push and as soon as the guy finished talking to me about it I knew that That was the school I wanted to aim for. Not Melbourne U, or Monash, RMIT, Swinburne, nup, none of that. Grenadi School of Design's for me!







Alright then, well I'd better start working on compiling a more recent portfolio. *rolls up sleeves*


I finished at 5 and got to Glen at 6:15. I was already running late for youth group but I needed dinner so I went over to Hungry Jacks and grabbed a Whopper, made some phone calls while munching and met up with Vicky back at the station. My bag weighed a tonne from all the advertising material I had in my bag from the expo so I requested to catch the 889 bus instead of having to walk. Well, we got to Crossway late but it was alright, I did get some strange stares from people, probably 'caus I was wearing a shirt to youth group and carrying a bag that looked like it weighed a tonne but it was all good. So I got a new layout, because it looked to much like Joyce's and I felt like doing something artistic anyway so enjoy the new banner, made by me.

We got home and switched on the news. Creepy what I saw next: "Army recruiting staff had to intervene in a fight in which two school students were stabbed and another assaulted at a careers expo today." Yeah, and that was like right outside and I didn't hear anything about it.

No comments: