Sunday, June 1, 2008

Yum Cha with the Enemy




How many of you guys remember Isaac Wong. That little terror that bullied me to tears in grade 5? So our history goes back years earlier to our mums. My mum and his mum were college friends both studying Physiotherapy at Hong Kong Polytechnic University. They both married, migrated here and set up life and family.

We didn't stay in much contact until I was in year 4 when his parents saw how smart and cute I had become and thought it was the school that did it. lol. So they sent Isaac to St. Andrews. That was just the start.


That little twat ruined my primary school life. Because his parents were busy every morning they would drop him off at our house and he would follow us to school. He would always come early so he would observe me getting ready to go to school, eating breakfast, packing bags... and he would make fun of me. Once I forgot my sport uniform and he composed a song improv. about it causing me to cry. What a little meanie. In school he wasn't popular but he didn't really care. He would continue to cause emotional stress and chaos. Eventually it got too far and I told mum. In turn she told the principal which lead to an intervention order between the two of us.


didn't work


He continued to insult and torment me until the principal led us aside one day to an empty room and told us to stop being so childish, that no-one was a loser and that we should cool off each other for awhile. This led to our families being separated because mum suggested to Isaac's mum that maybe we shouldn't see each other for awhile.

He left in the middle of year 9. By this time our relationship was neutral, he had found fresh meat (Chris Mar) *cough cough*.


Just yesterday mum announced that we would be having Yum Cha today with their family to celebrate the dad's 50th. I didn't want to go. Joyce said she had prior arrangements. Charles wouldn't go if I didn't go. Well, I know mum would pound me for it later if I didn't so I did.

He's grown, 180 now, Ha! and Mr. Prout said he would never get taller than 175.

Well conversation was awkward at first. What do you talk about with someone who's been your childhood bully? It was the usual ritual of catch-up. you know, the "what subjects are you doing now" questions, then follows the comments like "ah, you're doing all the asian subjects" -_-. (<---lol, a mole)

But we got into the conversation, he's changed but he doesn't seem very happy. Apparently he doesn't have many friends at school. At least our conversation was decent and civilised, good to know we've grown up.

1 comment:

grave.architecture said...

HAHAHAHA I LOVE READING THIS BLOG. BRINGS BACK FOND MEMORIES OF FRENEMIES LIKE ISAAC.