Friday, July 4, 2008

awesome Surge Camp 08 at Phillip Island Adventure Resort




How many of you have ever been on a Christian youth camp? Well never in my life have I experienced anything like this. Sure, Fungus 06 camp was awesome but now that I've grown up, the understanding that comes with maturity has just volted all of a sudden.
During this camp God made me realise just how precious each individual life is. I look back at my current lifestyle, my personality and all and I realise just how much more I have to learn about Him and His plans for me. What horrified me was that when I prayed my words were short and dull, what happened to the passionate days of year 9 where streams of praise and worship would just flow from my mouth? I was ashamed but God got me through this. Then Satan attacked me with negative thoughts about just how insignificant I was but God won me over again; I am not another mere human being. I am fearfully and wonderfully made, and no-one is ever going to tell me that I am not unique because I am, because God said so.
I met so many new people, Derreck, Dot, Steven Fenby, Tim, Daniel... and each one of them had their own little characters and traits that made them so likeable. Thanks guys, without you I would have wandered around the campsite alone.
The teaching was great. We had a preacher from Queenslands, Artia, come down to talk and entertain us. Man, he was funny. The praise and worship were of course my favourite times. Everyone just got caught up so much in the music it didn't matter what others thought of you, everyone just jumped, raising their hands, lifting their voices; screaming till our voices went coarse.
It was raining the whole time but we all looked at it from a positive point of view. We're just hoping that the water did go into the dams.
We left Monday afternoon. The night session on Tuesday, Artie baptised whoever wished to be baptised in the Holy Spirit and God gave many of them (if not most) the gift of tongues.
On Wednesday I had a deep and meaningful talk with Daniel about the supernatural, mainly because I wanted to know whether the book I was reading, Wicked, was alright for me. Daniel is so wise, he told me that if I wasn't sure it was best not to do it just to be safe. Thank goodness, I really wasn't confident at the time that it was appropriate for a Christian like me.

Thursday night, last night, Derreck, Caleb, Dot and I were told off by Pash Patrol because we were sitting out along the lake at 12am . We weren't doing anything bad, we were talking. But it was funny to get up to the dining hall and have them tell everyone else that they found three guys and one girl talking dnm stuff.

Finally this morning we had the best praise session ever and everyone was still so hyped up from the previous night that we danced passionately in front of the stage. Crazy stuff.
And now even though we're not on camp anymore we'll still see everyone on Sunday. Most of us are Crossway kids (except Steven Fenby :]). I don't believe that it was merely coincidence that we were all at camp. I believe God put us there for a purpose, to teach us something about life, and about how to live it.


No comments: